Today's guest is very near and dear to my heart, my sweet husband Stephan Spencer. Professionally, Stephan is a world-renowned SEO, author, and speaker known for his marketing expertise. Until a few years ago, he was a total geek! After the experiences you’ll hear about in this conversation, he transformed so completely that people who knew the “old Stephan” still sometimes don’t recognize him. Tune in to learn about his transformation, and how you can have one of your own!
Connect With Stephan:
The Optimized Geek
Stephan Spencer on LinkedIn
Stephan Spencer on Facebook
The Mission Log:
- [01:52] - Stephan kicks things off by sharing a bit about himself, briefly explaining the life path that brought him to where he is today professionally.
- [03:57] - How did Stephan start his transformation after his 18-year marriage?
[06:02] - Orion jumps in to explain how much of Stephan’s demeanor was problematic before his transformation. He then talks about how he ended up going to his first Tony Robbins event.
- [07:42] - We hear about Stephan’s fire walk, and how it relates to the fears he had lived with for much of his life. He also addresses people’s initial reactions to his transformation.
- [11:54] - What would Stephan offer as advice to listeners who want to start their own transformation journeys?
- [14:02] - We sometimes underestimate the power of mentorship, Orion points out.
- [14:32] - When Stephan changed his external appearance, what else changed for him? He answers, then offers more advice for listeners.
- [19:04] - Stephan discusses what studies have found about smiling.
- [19:30] - Stephan’s spiritual transformation is more important to him than his physical transformation.
- [21:21] - In 2010, after going through a lot of physical and mindset changes, Stephan went on a spirituality intensive in India. He describes the experience.
- [24:05] - If the old, pre-transformation Stephan were in the room listening to all of this, what would he think?
- [26:02] - Stephan discusses what it means to find God.
- [28:28] - After having mentioned it a moment ago, Stephan explains what Kabbalah is for unfamiliar listeners.
- [32:21] - What profound things has Stephan learned from Kabbalah?
- [35:53] - Stephan offers a quick test for listeners to see whether you’re falling into the trap of undervaluing money.
- [37:35] - We hear about how Stephan moved past his addiction to sugar. In his explanation, he clarifies the difference between suppression and restriction.
- [42:29] - Orion shares a recent story about going out to dinner with Stephan and one of his friends, explaining that she’s still in between restriction and suppression.
- [44:15] - Stephan offers his recommendation for Orion based on what she has just discussed.
- [47:24] - It’s important to find an outlet so you don’t feel totally deprived, Stephan explains. His own outlet is having sugar on holidays.
- [48:25] - What are Stephan’s three top tips for living a stellar life? #1. Find a mentor who embodies the attributes you want in that area of your life. #2. Learn with the intention of teaching that thing to others. #3. Get off of Netflix, because you can waste a lot of time binge-watching things.
- [50:52] - Stephan offers a fourth tip: appreciate your loved one every night before you go to sleep with three specific appreciations.
- [51:52] - Orion and Stephan give an example of this by giving some appreciations to the audience.
Links and Resources: