Today’s episode is all about self-love! If you’re not familiar with the power of self-love, this might sound like it’s about being arrogant or self-centered. But self-love doesn’t have to be like that at all! Instead, it involves beautiful concepts such as forgiving yourself, trusting yourself, setting (and sticking to) your boundaries, taking care of your health, and saying yes to positive experiences. As part of my own self-love journey, I’m going to do this episode solo because I trust myself and my knowledge to be valuable enough to share with you!
The Mission Log:
- [01:58] - Orion talks about what self-love is (and isn’t), and mentions the dictionary’s definitions of self-love.
- [03:52] - Self-love is taking actions that are directed toward promoting your well-being, Orion explains. One of the major factors in this is forgiving yourself.
- [06:40] - Orion talks about what the difference is between being proactive and reactive, and clarifies why it’s so important to be proactive.
- [08:53] - Only when Orion slows down is she able to function at her best.
- [10:36] - One of the days in the challenge that Orion did was about forgiveness. She talks about some of the things she had to forgive in her own life.
- [12:28] - We hear about an upcoming episode’s guest, Byron Katie, and her system involving four questions.
- [15:06] - Self-love looks like self-trust, Orion explains, and talks about what this means.
- [17:14] - Orion has learned to separate the guru from the method and understand that it’s okay to release what you don’t need, especially the attachment to that particular person being your guide.
- [18:36] - We learn about what intuition is, and some of the reasons that it can be so important.
- [20:31] - Orion offers a piece of advice: talk to yourself the way you would talk to your best friend. She offers some personal insight into how she has felt about her body, and the importance of accepting yourself the way you are.
- [23:15] - You’re perfect just the way you are, Orion points out, and you’ll suffer until you accept your perfect imperfections.
- [24:04] - Orion talks more about the seven-day challenge she did with her group, and describes the day they did mirror work.
- [26:54] - Orion offers an exercise for listeners: touch a part of your body that you’re having a hard time with, and say, “I love you” and “thank you” to that part of yourself.
- [29:02] - A tip you can use to create more self-love is to practice saying no and being assertive. You can still be kind, but protect yourself and your boundaries.
- [30:30] - You can also practice saying yes! Orion lists some things you should say yes to.
Links and Resources: