We all know how hard it is to make potentially valuable professional connections, especially when you’re going in cold and don’t already have a link with the prospect in question. Dustin Matthews transforms businesses and brands, and helped take a company from $1 million to $14 million when he was just out of school. Since then, he’s only grown in his remarkable ability. In addition to being the author of bestselling books, Dustin is an innovator in the arena of brand response. I’m also lucky to count this wonderful, bright man as a friend and mentor, and I can’t wait to share him with you today!
Connect With Dustin:
Dustin Mathews on LinkedIn
Dustin Mathews on Facebook
@dustinmathews on Twitter
No B.S. Presentations
The Mission Log:
- [04:31] - Dustin shares how he felt about Orion when he met her, and points out that he immediately saw her fire and passion.
- [05:27] - We learn a bit about Dustin, including that he was once deathly afraid of public speaking. He also discusses how he got into marketing.
- [07:39] - How did Dustin learn about influence? As he answers, he talks about how he got out of public speaking in school, and how he eventually needed to give a talk in public.
- [10:51] - Dustin discusses how it went when he finally gave his public talk.
- [13:00] - Orion takes a moment to share some of her own fears before she speaks in front of an audience. Dustin then discusses the tools he uses to get over those limiting beliefs.
- [15:02] - Many athletes practice in their minds, Orion points out. She and Dustin then talk about Japan.
- [18:12] - What did Dustin visualize for himself?
- [21:21] - Dustin discusses leaving Speaking Empire and what it was like to take on that decision after nine years there.
- [25:07] - Orion shares a story of what happened the day before she went to Japan.
- [27:53] - We hear about the spiritual aspects of Dustin’s transition.
- [30:57] - Dustin discusses brand response and how we can become better at branding.
- [34:37] - Orion has been putting a lot of good content out there, but doesn’t feel she’s getting the response she should be getting. What are Dustin’s words of wisdom for her, or for listeners in her situation?
- [39:33] - What does Dustin do to increase his own brand response?
- [42:04] - Dustin offers more advice, some of it very unconventional and creative, on finding and approaching potential affiliates.
- [48:19] - Dustin squeezes in one last tip on the subject he and Orion have been talking about.
- [49:55] - What are Dustin’s three top tips to living a stellar life? #1. Education, and always coming from a student’s mindset. #2. Be happy! #3. Move your body.
- [53:58] - Where can people go to learn more about Dustin?
Links and Resources: