My amazing husband, Stephan Spencer, invited me to interview him on his podcast The Optimized Geek for its special 100th episode. We had an incredible conversation in which he shared his wisdom and all the lessons, tips, tricks, tools, and insights he’s learned from the world-class guests on his podcast. In addition to being my wonderful husband and the love of my life, Stephan is a three-time author and a true genius. He’s also an all-around amazing person! The conversation was so interesting and value-packed that I decided to bring it to you here on Stellar Life!
Connect With Stephan:
Stephan Spencer @sspencer on Twitter Stephan Spencer on LinkedIn The Optimized Geek Marketing Speak
The Mission Log:
- [02:23] - When Stephan looks back to his first episode of the Optimized Geek almost two years ago, what was he thinking in creating that podcast?
- [04:43] - We learn about Stephan’s purpose on earth, which is to make a difference for millions of people, and his ideal legacy.
- [05:42] - Stephan talks about the biggest changes in his life since starting the show, one of which is beginning to study the Kabbalah.
- [07:15] - In the years that they’ve been together, Orion has seen Stephan evolve a lot. We hear about some of the episodes that have helped Stephan along this path.
- [09:05] - We hear some of Stephan’s praise for Orion’s podcast, Stellar Life.
- [09:59] - Stephan shares his thoughts on how spirituality and sexuality are related
- [11:12] - What is Stephan’s definition of spirituality? He and Orion discuss the topic, then move onto talking about sexual blueprints.
- [13:13] - Stephan thinks that Gary Chapman’s concept of five love languages is a good analogy for sexual blueprints. We learn how these languages function within his relationship with Orion.
- [15:52] - What are some of the most interesting ideas that Stephan has gotten from relationship experts on his show, and which ideas is he implementing in his own life?
- [19:29] - Orion talks about a simple way of drawing more goodness into your life and relationship by focusing on the good.
- [20:10] - We hear more about what Stephan has learned about relationships from the conversations he has had on the Optimized Geek.
- [23:58] - What has Stephan learned from the fitness experts on his show? In his answer, we learn that Stephan is already seeing results from going back to the gym.
- [26:26] - Stephan explains what biohacking is and how it can make a difference. Orion then recommends Dave Asprey.
- [28:22] - Why do we need stem cell injections, and why do we need to bank our stem cells to use in the future?
- [31:49] - Let’s talk about brain hacking! We start off by talking about mindset and conditioning your mind for success.
- [36:08] - How does Stephan prioritize and manage his time?
- [40:46] - Orion moves on to talking about delegating, which is an important aspect of time management and getting things done.
- [43:38] - Stephan describes some of the most successful people in the world’s most powerful traits.
- [46:00] - How can you detect if someone is lying?
- [48:51] - After Stephan has shared a story about overcoming two of his fears, Orion takes a deeper dive into the subject.
- [51:51] - Orion explains that she and Stephan are seminar junkies, which is why they know so much about the topics they’ve been discussing in this conversation.
- [54:24] - Stephan shares his three top tips for optimizing your inner geek: 1. Establish new habits (like morning rituals or affirmations) that will set you up for success. 2. Really question your thoughts, because your thoughts often aren’t true, and suffering is optional. 3. Because knowledge is power, always learn, optimize, and uplevel in every aspect of your life. (One way to do this is by listening to every episode of the Optimized Geek!)
Links and Resources: