Sometimes it feels like there’s no way to avoid being brought down by all the bad news. It can be hard to remember that there’s good in the world, too. Ione Butler agrees, and that’s why she started the incredible Uplifting Content. The site has millions of followers who enjoy its short, amazing videos that show the positive in the world and leave you feeling good. In addition to being an uplifting visionary, Ione is a talented actress and an all-around amazing person. I’m honored to have her as a friend, and after you hear this episode, I think you’ll adore her as much as I do!
Connect With Ione:
Ione Butler on YouTube
Ione Butler on Twitter
The Uplifting Content Podcast with Ione Butler
Ione Butler on Instagram
Ione Butler on Facebook
Uplifting Content on Facebook
The Mission Log:
- [04:03] - Ione agrees with Orion’s point that the people you surround yourself with are incredibly important.
- [04:28] - Ione shares her origin story, including her ethnicity, where she was born and raised, and how she got into acting. She also digs into how she realized that creating Uplifting Content was important to her.
- [09:56] - Orion points out the ratio of bad news to good news, and mentions some of her own upbringing and childhood.
- [11:48] - We hear about Adam Siddiq, a mutual friend of Ione’s and Orion’s, and Ione points out that Adam’s family could still find the joy despite some terrible circumstances.
- [16:16] - How did Ione start Uplifting Content? In her answer, Ione talks about the earliest days of the now-popular site.
- [18:34] - Orion brings up Abraham-Hicks and shares some of the inspiration she gleaned regarding focusing on the positive.
- [20:33] - Ione points out that pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. Orion then points out that worrying is praying for what you don’t want.
- [23:11] - Orion shares a powerful point about chasing the horizon, which is a mental construct that our brain creates to separate the earth from the sky.
- [26:14] - What was the emotion behind creating Uplifting Content? Was Ione excited about getting millions of views, or did she just want to put it out there and see where it went?
- [29:15] - Ione has been struggling with the idea of being addicted to social media, and she and Orion debate the necessity of being viral.
- [32:34] - Orion talks about the overall balance between darkness and light in the grand scheme of things.
- [33:14] - What makes a video go viral, and what makes people want to share your content?
- [34:26] - Ione talks about the size of her team, which is surprisingly small. She then talks about where she sees her company going in the future.
- [35:41] - Who was the most surprising person who Ione has ever collaborated with?
- [36:40] - Ione discusses whether her relatively young demographic has surprised her.
- [37:53] - We hear about how Ione helped herself feel worthy of the good in life when she was going through a hard time.
- [40:36] - One of the things that Orion teaches her clients is that it’s okay to feel all of your emotions, she explains, but not to stay there for too long.
- [44:46] - What are Ione’s three top tips to living a stellar life? #1: Spend your time and energy surrounded by people you love. #2: Do things that you enjoy doing for the fun of doing them. #3: Travel a lot.
- [45:30] - Where can people reach Ione and get more of her uplifting content?
Links and Resources: