Rene Brent is a certified clinical hypnotherapist and the #1 international bestselling author of the book How Big Is Your BUT? A former ICU and ER nurse, Rene is passionate about helping her clients to use the power of the deep inner mind to release blocks and reach personal and professional goals. If you’re ready to break your patterns and reprogram your own mind for success, this is the episode for you!
Connect With Rene:
Rene Brent Hypnosis
Practice Happy Now
@ReneHypnosis on Twitter
Rene Brent Hypnosis on Facebook
The Mission Log:
- [04:55] - Rene shares a bit about herself from her personal perspective, and explains the path that she took to discover hypnotherapy.
- [07:38] - We hear about Rene’s first experience with hypnotherapy.
- [08:59] - What does it mean when Rene says that the mind will never be something it disagrees with?
- [10:28] - Rene talks about what “living on the outside” is, and why it’s a problematic way to go through life.
- [12:40] - Why does Rene think hypnotherapy and NLP can be so powerful?
- [14:36] - We learn more about how hypnotherapy and NLP work, and how quickly they can be effective compared to traditional therapy.
-  - Rene shares a story that surprised even her about a 9-year-old client who was frequently getting stung by bees.
- [20:03] - For people who aren’t familiar with the terms, what are a “pattern interrupt” and “neuroplasticity”?
- [21:49] - Rene walks listeners through a specific technique for dealing with experiences of fear or stress.
- [24:52] - Orion talks about the 40 Years of Zen program that she did in Seattle.
- [28:37] - We learn what Rene would do if she were working with Orion, based on the story that Orion has just shared.
- [31:22] - Rene explains that all hypnosis is ultimately self-hypnosis, and she just helps to guide people.
- [32:42] - Does Rene feel like she has solved and eliminated all of her own echoes?
- [34:59] - Rene talks more about hypnotherapy, explaining that it should never tell you what to feel or think, and that the mind won’t take you anywhere you don’t want to go.
- [37:56] - Orion points out that stress is considered an okay thing to say, and Rene points out that our society is much more fear-based than others.
- [40:34] - We hear about Rene’s book, and what the “But” in the title refers to.
- [42:35] - What were Rene’s own big “but”s? And what created her own breakthroughs?
- [45:43] - Rene shares some powerful tips for increasing your confidence and allowing yourself to be seen.
- [48:54] - What are Rene’s three top tips to living a stellar life? #1. Gain awareness. #2. Take care of your body. #3. Don’t forget to have fun!
- [52:16] - Rene talks about where listeners can find her to learn more or work with her.
Links and Resources: