Sometimes I meet someone who seems like she has all of the answers and has created a perfect life for herself. Other times, I encounter people who think this way about me. Inside, though, we all have things that we struggle with. Lisa Lieberman-Wang has a similar story and, as a result, created seven secrets to overcoming self-sabotage. In our conversation, you’ll learn about how her sometimes-difficult life journey led her to become the amazing woman she is today.
Connect With Lisa:
Fine to FAB
7 Secrets to FAB Workshop Online
@LLiebermanWang on Twitter
Lisa Lieberman-Wang on LinkedIn
Lisa D. Lieberman-Wang on Facebook
lisaliebermanwang on Instagram
The Mission Log:
- [05:44] - Lisa starts things off by telling us a bit about herself and explaining what her childhood and home life were like. We learn how these experiences led her to feel like she was never good enough.
- [08:30] - How did growing up like this affect Lisa’s life going forward?
- [11:28] - Lisa points out that smart people who have everything going for them are the people who are the hardest on themselves.
- [15:38] - After 13 years of self-abuse, what happened? What was the point when Lisa decided to take control of her life? In her answer, Lisa shares her experiences with Tony Robbins.
- [20:24] - Lisa shares advice for someone listening who needs courage to change their lives. She points out that “ego” can stand for “edging God out.”
- [21:54] - What do you do to get yourself into a state of gratitude?
- [24:51] - Lisa hadn’t found her mission at the point in her life she was discussing, but decided to continue her journey. She mentions some people she has learned from, and shares how her life journey has progressed since then and how this led to her book.
- [29:48] - Lisa talks about the seven secrets to overcoming self-sabotage. The first of the seven secrets is acknowledging fear and doubt, and understanding that you’re doing it.
- [31:33] - Orion takes a moment to discuss her own childhood, which was very painful during the years when she was forming core beliefs. Lisa then addresses how to handle this situation by breaking through toxic meanings and emotions.
- [34:07] - The fourth of Lisa’s seven secrets is breaking the trance.
- [35:22] - What does Lisa do to break the trance when she finds herself slipping into an old pattern of behavior?
- [38:47] - Has Lisa ever had difficulty handling “no”? She explains that she trained herself early on to not take “no” personally.
- [40:35] - Orion asks how to take what Lisa has been saying from the conceptual to something she can really feel.
- [44:08] - Does Lisa have any rituals that she does when she needs to feel stronger, more secure, or more confident?
- [46:42] - Lisa discusses how she gets over feeling overwhelmed by learning to delegate.
- [47:44] - What are Lisa’s three top tips to living a stellar life? 1. Remember that you’re FAB (fabulous, awesome and beautiful). 2. Strive for imperfection, or take imperfect action often. 3. Practice being in the moment and appreciating what you have.
- [48:51] - Lisa offers ways for people to find her, as well as a way to get a free consultation with her.
Links and Resources: