On Board: Tony Molina
Mission: A New Approach to Fitness and Longevity
Tony Molina has been described as the Willy Wonka of the fitness world. A master teacher of the human mind and body, his wealth of experience includes degrees in high-altitude physiology, cognitive neuroscience, biomechanics, and exercise science. Having worked with thousands of individuals over the last 17 years, Tony has perfected the process of shifting people’s limiting beliefs to redefine their life experiences and realign their potential.
I had the pleasure of working with Tony at his center, the Rewire Project in Santa Monica, CA. I share my experience and learn more about the technology at play. His work to redefine health and fitness changes the paradigm of the entire industry and makes us think about how we treat our bodies.
Connect with Tony
The Rewire Project
Facebook: Rewire Project
- [03:41] - Tony explains how he and his wife started working in the fitness industry and ended up hurting more than helping.
- [05:04] - Tony tells of his experiences in the Marine Corps and how they changed his definition of movement.
- [07:45] - Tony shares how stretching is one of the biggest myths in the health industry.
- [09:13] - Tony describes the Muscle Activation Technique and its link between rehabilitation and exercise.
- [11:32] - Tony tells how the Muscle Activation Technique works.
- [13:00] - Tony gives the causes of inflammation and how you might not be feeling the pain your body is.
- [14:30] - Tony explains how the Muscle Activation Technique expands movements and lessens the need for the medical community.
- [15:31] - Tony mentions the number of certified specialists like him in the country and how effective their treatment is.
- [16:37] - Tony talks about a day in life of Tony Molina, including Switzerland, cryotherapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
- [18:21] - Tony shares how to get the benefit of high-impact exercise without the risk of injury.
- [20:10] - Orion’s bioDensity-machine results are given.
- [21:52] - Tony explains how a 5’ 2” woman was able to produce more force than a bodybuilder from Gold's Gym.
- [25:17] - Tony expresses how the Power Plate is the future of loading our bodies.
- [27:16] - Tony gives the connection between a vibrating plate and spiking growth hormones.
- [28:46] - Orion's first experience with the Power Plate and the necessity of long-term thinking is described.
- [32:10] - Power Plates increase workplace productivity and decrease the need for stimulants in three minutes. It's a paradigm change with only upsides.
- [33:57] - The old paradigm is that mind and body were separate, but the new paradigm is that they're connected.
- [34:50] - Orion asks, "Why do people neglect their bodies?"
- [35:28] - Tony describes a case study of a woman who wanted to lose one pound and how he worked with her to improve her mental and physical health.
- [39:32] - Tony shares how he implements cognitive behavioral training in his work.
- [41:00] - Tony relates a case study of a man who was 50 pounds overweight and loved to eat. Tony gave him a non-weight-type fitness goal to motivate his health change.
- [42:48] - Orion's experience in the cryo machine for three minutes and why cryotherapy is a part of rejuvenation is discussed.
- [44:52] - Tony shares why the body translates cryotherapy as painful.
- [46:05] - The difference between anxiety and fear when it comes to experiences of the body is explained.
- [47:50] - Orion mentions The Rise of Superman, a book that describes how high-adrenaline activities lead to a state of flow.
- [48:16] - Tony tells the wildest things he has ever done.
- [48:46] - Tony gives three tips for living a stellar life.
Links and Resources:
Muscle Activation Technique
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
The Rise of Superman by Steven Kotler