On Board: Rich German
Mission: Designing Your Life to Have the Freedom You Desire
Rich German is a bestselling author, speaker, and business/lifestyle coach. He has conducted over 18,000 individual coaching sessions and co-founded the JV Insider Circle. With its focus on joint ventures, the JV Insider Circle is a powerful community that helps speakers, authors, and coaches grow their businesses. Each year they host a live event called JVX, a three-day experience, which helps cultivate relationships geared towards building lasting joint ventures. Rich is also passionate about caring for the ocean. He created Project O, with a mission to restore, protect, and sustain the ocean. The sale of his new book, Blue Laguna, will help fund Project O’s mission.
Rich is an all-around great guy; he is successful, smart, and funny. More than that though, he practices what he preaches. When Rich talks about designing a life to have the type of freedom where you make a lot of money and still have time for yourself, for your spirit, for taking care of your body, for connecting with nature, for living your passion, he says it because he knows it is possible. He lives it!
- [04:10] – Rich tells us about his coaching background.
- [05:50] – We hear the reason that Rich moved into lifestyle coaching was that he couldn’t simply look at one part of a person; he had to look at the whole person.
- [07:37] – Rich talks about the self-development work he has done to get where he is now.
- [09:44] – He emphasizes the importance of deciding what kind of lifestyle you want and then building a business that satisfies that lifestyle.
- [10:25] – Rich talks about the process of creating JV Insider Circle.
- [13:04] – We hear how avoiding ‘shiny-object syndrome’ and following up on great ideas can set you apart from other entrepreneurs.
- [15:06] – Rich talks about some of the failures he has had and how he has grown from those.
- [21:22] – Rich explains why having strong routines can help you dust yourself off when you fail.
- [23:00] – Rich tells us why he never schedules appointments before ten a.m.
- [23:45] – We learn that no one is immune to pain.
- [24:42] – Rich teaches us the difference between our thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
- [27:22] – Rich describes gaining emotional self-awareness.
- [29:19] – Rich tells more about the JVX experience and how it can help grow your audience.
- [31:30] – We talk about the importance of face-to-face interactions.
- [32:07] – Rich explains why you don’t need a huge list to enter into a successful joint venture.
- [35:50] – We learn how to nurture professional relationships and how to know which ones to nurture.
- [40:45] – Rich tells us about the lessons he has learned from dolphins and whales, particularly the importance of being present.
- [43:07] – Rich describes his new book, Blue Laguna.
- [44:30] – We hear Rich’s answer to Orion’s question, “Would you say you play like a dolphin, sing like a whale, and deal like a shark?”
- [47:41] – Rich gets into the details of his offer to give a free ticket to JVX to the listeners of Stellar Life.
- [48:06] – Rich gives us his parting wisdom about being happy and healing from our past wounds.
Your Pre-Flight Checklist:
- To be a success in a joint venture, we need passion and a good idea. What are the things in your life you are most passionate about? What draws people to you? Come up with ideas that fit your passion.
- Look carefully at your past traumas and wounds. Find ways to help yourself heal those hurts. Ask for help or advice, if you need it.
- Check out this link JVX Ticket to get your free ticket to the next JVX event on November 3-5, 2016.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
From all of us here at Stellar life; the Captain, Copilot and the entire crew, I’d like to Thank You for joining us on this trip! We are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice stay and thank you for choosing to live your life to the fullest!