On Board: Mark Dhamma
Mission: The 5 Keys to Happiness
Mark Dhamma is an expert in the optimization of our biology and mindset. He holds a master’s degree in Positive Psychology, which is the science of optimal psychological performance, the science of happiness, wellbeing, confidence, motivation, and the science of human flourishing. Mark is an executive health and mindset coach for entrepreneurs around the world. Much of his work focuses on helping clients look, feel, and perform at their best. In addition, he also works as a corporate speaker and fitness model.
Mark is on a mission to help us live full, happy lives. He uses his scientific knowledge and experience working with clients, combined with his own gifts of clarity and practicality to give us amazing insight into ourselves and our lives. His own childhood experience of being teased for being overweight and the process he went through to make his mind and body healthy, helped catapult Mark into a career helping others gain the health of mind and body that they desire.
- [03:15] – Mark introduces himself and tells us how he got into health and fitness.
- [05:07] – Mark explains how working with entrepreneurs who were very successful, but not happy began his interest in Psychology.
- [06:45] – Mark defines happiness.
- [07:51] – The acronym for the 5 key components of happiness is PERMA.
- [07:53] – “P” is for positive emotion.
- [09:39] – “E” is for engagement.
- [13:52] – “R” is for relationship (particularly positive relationships).
- [15:09] – Orion discusses relationships on a previous episode with Renee Piane. Check out that episode here: http://orionsmethod.com/orionpodcasts/heal-heart-get-real-love-renee-piane/
- [15:30] – “M” is for meaning.
- [19:06] – Mark discusses ways to find meaning in our lives.
- [21:48] – “A” is for accomplishment.
- [26:44] – Mark stresses the importance of celebrating the small wins in our lives and not just the huge accomplishments.
- [28:30] – Mark tells us about a gratitude exercise, to help us cultivate a greater sense of accomplishment in our lives.
- [32:09] – We take a look at the role that childhood trauma can have on a happy life.
- [35:14] – Mark shares his ‘chair’ technique for healing relationships.
- [39:46] – Stress reduction!
- [44:10] – We discuss the Ayurvedic herb called Kapikacchu, also known as Mucuna Pruriens.
- [48:34] – Mark talks about importance of a morning routine.
Your Pre-Flight Checklist:
- If we are shutting out or competing with other women, we’re only hurting ourselves. Fall in love with who you are, and you’ll be able to accept other people.
- Allow yourself to experience the emotions. Don’t try to bypass the dark. In order to find wholeness, we need to find healing from the dark.
- When facing anything in life, ask yourself: “What was my role in this?”“How did I create this?”“What do I need to learn from this?
Links and Resources Mentioned:
For your free Happiness Score
Mark’s ‘Dominate Your Day’ Program
NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
From all of us here at Stellar life; the Captain, Copilot and the entire crew, I’d like to Thank You for joining us on this trip! We are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice stay and thank you for choosing to live your life to the fullest!Shadow work